Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My daughter has had domestic violence against her from her

Customer Question
husband. he went to jail...
my daughter has had domestic violence against her from her husband. he went to jail for one day. now my daughter is going to Divorce him. and he now being a pain in the butt. Im having to spend money to help her out and i live 1000 miles from her. the house is in her and her moms name and the judge told them they could see the house however her husband
(my Daughters) is putting a lean on the house, how can he do that? now can I sue him for all the money im spending on paying her bills because she doesnt work and has 2 very young kids at home.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
5/19/2016
Family Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Barrister, Lawyer
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question..however her husband (my Daughters) is putting a lean on the house, how can he do that?.He can't unless he has a promissory Note signed by daughter agreeing that she owes him some money or he has sued her and gotten a judgment against her.. People say "I am going to lien your property" all the time, but legally they can't do so unless they have legitimate grounds to do so..now can I sue him for all the money im spending on paying her bills because she doesnt work and has 2 very young kids at home..Unfortunately no, because you have no legal obligation to pay your daughter's bills and this is a voluntary act on your part..If she files for divorce, she can request temporary alimony and child support until a final decision is made and a judge would order him to pay it...thanksBarrister
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thanks for the info I had a feeling I couldn't sue him for me helping her out with her bills However I just want to do the right and Legal thing. I feel if hes going to make her life Miserable will then I will make his just as Miserable if not more, he wants a fight than he will have that but i will fight him legally, Hes in the wrong and I dont care howmuch money i have to come up with to pay for a layer to make it tough on him... two can play that game only thing is I have more money than he has. Thanks again. Now it time for me to hire Her a Good lawyer.
You are very welcome. Glad to help any time. And there is nothing that would prevent you from trying to sue him, I just don't think you would win. However, it would be a big pain for him to have to defend...so there is that and you can make it hard on him so he will have to spend money defending..If you feel your original question and any related follow ups have been answered, I would very much appreciate a positive rating on the answer I have provided so I receive credit for my work. If you have a new question the JustAnswer folks require that you start a new question page, but you can request me by putting "For Barrister" in the caption and they will get it to me...thanks muchBarrister
Barrister, Lawyer