How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JD 1992 Your Own Question
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33405
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JD 1992 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex new girlfriend have so much hate towards me and even

Customer Question

my ex new girlfriend have so much hate towards me and even broke my eyeglasses out of jealousy. I have temporary full custody of my daughter until court on july. my ex lives with his girlfriend on a trailer house. I'm scared for my daughter's safety due to a bad neighborhood where the live and the hate from that new girlfriend that I don't know about. I don't want her around my kid. I offered for him to see kid anytime but in my house. he used to like spend time with her at his parents house but last week he used her car to pick my daughter up and he said they'll be at his parents house but took her anyway to her trailer house. I don't know what to do I'm concerned on daughter's safety but I also want my kid to spend time with his dad. but dad doesn't want to go her because gf said so and we can't stand each other.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Is there a specific question with which I could assist?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what could be my options. is telling him he can visit my kid anytime at my home will affect on our custody case. I don't want him taking my daughter anywhere unsafe. like I said on my post please read to understand thanks.
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.
I read your post and understand the situation but I need you to ask a specific question. When we answer general ones like "what do I do", "what are my rights", or "what are my options" we have to give general answers and, invariably, the customer responds with "I already knew that". This type of forum works better if you ask specific questions so we know exactly what you are looking for.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok my specific question is Will me saying you can visit your kid anytime but at my home affect the custody case upcoming and in what way? you can't take her anywhere but my house specially not around the new hateful girlfriend. what will the best for me on my situation
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.
They will raise the issue and claim you are denying him the right to visit his child. The part about "you can't take her anywhere but my house specially not around the new hateful girlfriend" is likely to make th ejudge look on you as being jealous and using the kids as "weapons" against him. It has always been my belief that is the wrong approach to take because judges see it so often. The judge is almost certainly going to let him visit with the children anywhere he wants to and isn't likely to prevent him from taking the kids around the girlfriend although if you are going to insist on that then you'd be better off asking that the judge enter an order that is mutual, that neither of you are to spend time with boyfriends or girlfriends when you have the children.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He lives with his girlfriend.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess I'll just suck it up. I think my daughter will be fine just the fact that she might pinch or hit my daughter out of her hate towards us.
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.
Of course, if anything like that happens then that changes the picture entirely. And a judge can still order that the GF not be around when the child is there. That used to be standard in custody cases, language that no "sleep overs" when the person has custody.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
perfect. so I guess every other weekend alternating Saturday or Sunday should be fine for 8 hours. 9-5.
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what the judge will order. It varies by age, judge, etc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I mean like right now I have temporary full custody and I made our own visitation schedule which he agreed. I don't want him to use that we had schedule and let our daughter be around the girlfriend for 3 months until court date that it was ok for me so why request for her not being around the kid etc.. just trying to think what I should do now and i dont how it fill affect the future custody case nd I will ask on the future court date for her not to be around her.
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.
You can certainly ask for it now. What I always told my client is to make it mutual since that shows jealousy isn't the motivating factor and the judge is more likely to grant the request.

Related Family Law Questions