How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask raymond-cssm Your Own Question
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 0
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
raymond-cssm is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need an exparte quick but cant leave home

Customer Question

I need an exparte quick but cant leave home
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Is there a specific question with which I could assist?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.
What do you need an ex parte hearing for? I will be online and can help you in the next few minutes but I have to understand your case because the answer can change based on a lot of factors.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.
You have to file a petition or application for whatever relief you are requesting, along with an affidavit supporting the petition, and then ask that it be set for an immediate ex parte hearing by telephone. However, you would be much, much better off hiring a lawyer by telephone to do it and then having the lawyer contact the police and getting them involved. The lawyer is more likely to get the judge to grant an ex parte hearing by telephone plus they can make arrangements for someone to come to your house and swear you in for the hearing.
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.
Regardless, that is the procedure that you use:1) File the petition2) supported by an affidavit3) request an immediate, emergency ex parte hearing by telephone,4) have someone swear you in,5) You then have to have the judge sign the ex parte order and have it served on him. An order, ex parte or not, isn't effective until it is served on the person.
Expert:  raymond-cssm replied 1 year ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. ( Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.