How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 102381
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am self representing in a child support case in PA. The

Customer Question

I am self representing in a child support case in PA. The modification hearing was in my favor. Defendant filed for exceptions. I was just given 10 days for discovery. How is discovery requested of me if they request since I do not have a lawyer. How do I request discovery of the defendant? I have a new business for myself. He has a job and side job which he conceals income from.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. How is discovery requested of me if they request since I do not have a lawyer. Just because you do not have an attorney does not mean that you cannot be served discovery upon, or, serve discovery yourself. So they can serve discovery upon you should they choose to do so, and would simply serve you discovery directly. Discovery consists of requests for production, interrogatories, admissions, etc. See HERE. How do I request discovery of the defendant? By sending to the attorney (if they have one) or directly to the opposing party (if they do not) the requests. If they are hiding money, a possible way to find it would be to SUBPOENA the bank records of the bank they may be using, for example. I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!

Related Family Law Questions