How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 116708
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

L owe child support and my drivers licence is suspended , what

Customer Question

l owe child support and my drivers licence is suspended , what are my options to get my licence back . l have been unemployed and just got a job three months ago and now the job require that l use company vehicle during work. l do not want lose this job.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Unfortunately, you would need the court to send notice to the Secretary of State that you are complying with the support order. Unless the court agrees to the release of your license, you are not going to legally be able to get your license reinstated and the state of IL takes an extremely hardline on people who are behind on support and only the court can grant you relief for the significant financial hardship you are experiencing.

Related Family Law Questions