How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Alexia, I am in FL and the court is in the final stage of

Customer Question

Hi Alexia, I am in FL and the court is in the final stage of determining how much child support I will pay. Now I find that I am being laid off. I will receive a severance package. I have a new wife and new kids. I am considering relocating out of state to an apt we own to save over $1k each month. This will allow me to look for work and still pay whatever the child support amount I am assigned is. We do not have a savings. My ex has a lawyer and I do not. My fear is if I bring it up in court her lawyer will try to attach to the severance and force us to stay leaving us in a terrible situation. My ex also is lying about her income and the judge did take notice to some bank statements she provided that showed a lot of deposits. My guess is her lawyer will explain them away leaving me with a large payment and also look to get my severance. What do you suggest I do ? I go to court in 3 days. I can't afford a lawyer and make too much to qualify for a free one.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  David L replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a Florida licensed attorney. If you are still looking for help with this issue, please let me know, and I will be happy to assist you.Thanks.