How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Delta-Lawyer Your Own Question
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3546
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Delta-Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

MA Grandparents Visitation: How can I (pro se) prevent any

Customer Question

MA Grandparents Visitation: How can I (pro se) prevent any postponements to upcoming trial regarding Grandparents Visitation.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
I hope this message finds you well. I am a licensed attorney with over a dozen years of litigation experience. It is a pleasure to assist you today. Unfortunately, the delays that occur in this area of the litigation world are sometimes unavoidable and courts are inclined to grant requests for continuances when the reasoning seems legitimate. That said, for there to be a postponement, in most cases, one of the parties has to file a Motion For Continuance. If you are a party to the action, you should receive notice of this motion and be given an opportunity to respond accordingly. You need to timely respond with reasons as to why the court should not award a continuance (The Best Interest Of The Child is always a good defense here) and you need to request a hearing on the continuance, so that you can verbally argue your position to the court as well. This is really all you can do. Courts normally grant to first request for a continuance under any circumstance. After that, they are increasingly reluctant to grant a continuance. Let me know if you have any other questions or comments. Please also rate my answer positively (three or more stars). Best wishes going forward!
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Did you have any other questions or comments?