How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19475
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm being denied access to the case file in a C.I.N.C. case

Customer Question

I'm being denied access to the case file in a C.I.N.C. case in Johnson County Kansas in which my rights were terminated. By Kansas law I'm allowed this and I took a video of County Clerk very rudely denying me this file. In the video the clerk and a sheriff in the court house say the the judge doen't follow the law he has his own policy's. What can I do about this? Would the video be submitable in court. Also the Judge in the case(a bench trial) worked in the district court with the father-in-law of the woman my children were placed with for almost twenty years. To place my children with her she was given a foster license with her having prior drug charges and her husband a prior armed robbery charge. I ended up having my parental rights terminated despite no charges ever being filed, unsubstantiated finding from DCF. What can I do to get my children back?
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet I've been trying but I'm afraid of who to contact cause the Judge involved is now Chief judge in this District and no one thus far has offered any help a complaint I filed with Kansas Attorney General was answered by a letter stating it would be a conflict of interest for them to assist. I would gladly hear any suggestions.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Family Lawyer should know?
Customer: I was falsely arrested, I did beat that due to the sheriffs video cameras. Also all the attournies in the district family court work together switching roles from defense, GAL, etc. same two judges and few attournies working with same people from DCF and KVC everyday so there is no where to turn.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Get a local Attorney to file Complaint with the Court for reinstatement of your parental rights and for access to the docket terminating your rights. Yes, you need to introduce the video into evidence. If the Judge refuses to hear your case and you think that the Judge is corrupt, then you need to file complaint against the Court with Kansas Judicial Conduct Commission. If the commission does not resolve the issue to your satisfaction, then you may go to your local news media to shine a light on the Court system including showing the video to the public. Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.