How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq. Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2982
Experience:  associate attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In my situation my sister and i inherited 25 acres of land

Customer Question

in my situation my sister and i inherited 25 acres of land in essex county . she deceided that she may devorce her husband at sometime in the future. she wants to take her name off of the land now so that she can be sure it will remain in the family for another 150 years.
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no. she wants to put it in my name and my name only and her husband doesn't seem to mine.
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: i don't believe so the property has been in my family since 1867 my great grand father left it to my grand mother who left it to my father and mother and dad's siblings who divided the property amicably. but now for reasons of her own she wants her name taken off.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. Since this is an inheritance, it would not be considered marital property unless it is somehow co-mingled with marital property. One way could be if this became the marital home. If it is not then as inheritance, your sister would not have to divide this property upon divorce as it is separate property. Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or number from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated by the site.
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?

Related Family Law Questions