RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

I have a situation where a parent (0nly living parent) wants

Customer Question

I have a situation where a parent (0nly living parent) wants to give me (a non-parent) custody of their minor child. I would move to the child (16) to my Las Vegas home. What kind of paperwork is required to make me the temporary legal guardian with all needed legal rights for medical, school etc.? The mother would be willing to sign of course.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today. Here are the guardianship forms you would need to file here. Guardianship of Minor Petition for Guardianship of Minor with Hearing (large file - Thank you for your patience while it is opening.) Petition for Guardianship of Minor without Hearing (large file - Thank you for your patience while it is opening.) Addendum to Petition for Guardianship of Minor
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
Waiver and consent form that parent signs http://www.familylawselfhelpcenter.org/images/forms/guardianship/gship-consent-parent-1child-pdf-fillable.pdf I appreciate the chance to help you today.You file your petition, waiver and set it for hearing.Judge appoints you guardian.