How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Do I have to send my son to his fathers house if I don't think

Customer Question

do I have to send my son to his fathers house if I don't think its fit for him?
JA: The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no I have not my son has been going to his grandmothers every other weekend instead of his fathers because I don't want him at his house and he just called screaming at me saying he was going to pick him up and take him to his house anyways
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Family Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Family Lawyer should know?
Customer: its been a few months of this now... he doesn't work on the books and has never paid child support. I picked him up a few months ago and all of my sons belongings reeked of weed. he lives with his girlfriend and her 2 children who are 14 and 18 in a 3 bedroom house but my son is 5 years old and they have him sleeping on the couch. about a year ago my sons father and his girlfriend got into a fight and she threw all of my sons clothes, toys, and bed away and since then they have only replaced minimal things for him.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question..Is there a formal custody order in place from the court?.If so, why isn't there a child support order as well?..thanksBarrister