Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am representing myself and I need help to write an Opposition

Customer Question

I am representing myself and I need help to write an Opposition to Motion to dismiss the following: Answer to Counterclaim for Divorce" that I received a copy from the opposing Attorney which was filed in court.
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I have attempt to acquire an attorney. However, I am in an unfortunate financial deficit that I can not retain one therefore I have to do this independent because I have contesting this divorce. I am unemployed without any financial resources.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: I know that the opposing attorney know that I'm a Pro Se and attempting to railroad me and I have been preparing all of my own responses.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would prefer if I can receive a call to farther discuss this matter. I can be reached at the following number(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Or I'm able to Skype. I can be located by mrs.yvonne.d.jackson
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I’m a licensed attorney with 36 years’ experience. I specialize in family law and appeals, and I have many years’ experience with landlord-tenant issues and contract law. I also have written hundreds of legal articles. I look forward to helping you today.Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an attorney on this site.I am an appellate family law attorney so I do a lot of legal writing. I can do this for you but it's a premium service because it's going to take time to review and write, so it's going to end up costing more than what's listed here. It depends on how long it is so I don't know how much I'd charge yet. I'd have to see how long the motion is, how complex it is and find out what your defenses are before I know how much needs to be written. You can let me know if you're interested. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would need some advise. I am unemployed with no compensation coming in. This is why I have to do this independently. Thanks much can you provide any advise?
I'd have to review the document which is still a premium service but if I'm just looking at it and not writing it of course it would be cheaper. I want to help you. What state is this in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm unable to provide $59 to talk with you.
Not sure why it would be $59. Phone calls are usually $29 and the amount listed here is $18, so that's $47 but I'd rather see it than talk about it over the phone. It's more important for me to see it, I don't know what state this is in, and if I could look at it, I'd be in a better position to let you know what to do. I would say I know you situation, so I'd review it for an additional $22, that would be $40 total. That's up to you of course. Thanks!
Hi again, I am just checking in. I'm not looking to do a phone call. I'm looking to review the papers, which I can do for a total of $40, so just let me know if you're interested. I'm willing to help you if you. Good luck!
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.
Can you please clarify - in what state is this? And who filed the Motion to Dismiss? And what are they trying to dismiss?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is in the State of VA. The Plaintiff has filed Answer to Counterclaim for Divorce. I the defendant has filed an Opposition to Motion for Continuation. I have requested interrogatories which I have not received. Opposing attorney is attempting to dismiss my responses to the requested interrogatories because it will reveal a lot against him.
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.
I would need to see his motion to dismiss in order to guide you. Could you upload the document? I might need to see your interrogatories as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you provide me with an email. I do not have the Answer to the Counterclaim for Divorce in an electronic copy. Only hardcopy so I will scan to forward to your email. This has been a one-sided case.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the document I am opposing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Steve when you able to review any of these docs
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.
I only have my phone this weekend and they won't download on my phone. I'll be at a computer tomorrow and I'll look at them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning, I am available to discuss I will anticipate receiving a reply or call. Thank you
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I have reviewed them. What kind of information or advice are you seeking?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I needed to reply by putting together an Opposition to Motion Continuance. I have not had the opportunity to dispute the interrogatories. Nor did I received his response to my interrogatories request. This is what I understand what I should do would that be correct?
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure - why don't you want it continued?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you call me please I do want to continue. I opposing the reply to dispute
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(###) ###-####
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.
I'm not currently set up to participate in our phone service. Please help me identify the title of the document you're opposing, as I don't see one entitled "Reply to Dispute."
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The first documents with the cross bill is what I provided with attachments many. The second attachment 1 of 2 and 2 of 2 is what they want to dismiss the cross bill will several attachments from me the defendant. I have requested interogatories from the plaintiff which should be provided 30 days prior to our schedule court date of Aug 31. I have requested this opposition to motion continuation based on their counterclaim for Divorce. Which has not been disputedoing this is what I want to do. They want to dismiss the interogatories which will reveal and be to his disadvantage.
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.
So which exact document (by title) are you trying to respond to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am attempting to respond to "Answer to Counterclaim for Divorce".
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I don't think you've sent me the document entitled "Counterclaim for Divorce." I need to see that to see why they think it is factually and legally insufficient.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Look at the date of the 14th that is where you can find the attachment
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.
I see four attachments, but none is entitled "Counterclaim for Divorce."
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IT reads Answer to Counterclaim for Divorce" with the word Copy stamped on it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are two sheets one has it one does not
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.
No, I see that, but I'm not looking for their Answer to your Counterclaim, I'm looking for your Counterclaim.
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.
I want to see what they were responding to.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the first Plaintiff request I have forwarded. What I have forwarded to you I have not made a counterclaim at this time within there document they want to dismiss the crossbill. Which was my response to there interogatories.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There isn't a response from them. This has been a one sided case.
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.
As far as I can see, they are responding to your counterclaim for divorce, yet you say you did not file a counterclaim for divorce? Just a crossbill? I think I should opt out in favor of an expert.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Steve thanks for your reply. I will anticipate receiving a reply. Thanks for your time.