How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Olivia Kent Your Own Question
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 871
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Olivia Kent is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son has a 10 wk old daughter. He does not live with the

Customer Question

My son has a 10 wk old daughter. He does not live with the mother. She is making it very difficult for him to spend time with the baby. They are both on welfare. He was not made aware of the pregnancy until she was 6.5 months along. At the time their relationship was on a downhill slide, she is 32, he is 27. He thought that since she had been spending more time with her Mom she had been eating better and therefore gained a little weight. This is a very stressful situation and I am wondering what his rights are as a father, and what he can do to protect his paternity rights.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I'll be happy to help you. The best thing your grandson can do to protect his rights is go to the family court and file a motion for parenting time (visitation) with his child. He doesn't need a lawyer to do that - he can file on his own.
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.
I just noticed that your case says "canada" - are you in the U.S. or in Canada? (If Canada, I need to opt out of your question).

Related Family Law Questions