How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ScottyMacEsq Your Own Question
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 16841
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ScottyMacEsq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I stop my annulment in California once paper work has been

Customer Question

can I stop my annulment in California once paper work has been filed?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Yes. An annulment needs to be granted by the judge, so at any time prior to the judge granting the annulment you can seek to have it stopped. This would be through a motion to dismiss (although if it has not been presented to the judge and the judge requires a hearing, simply not showing up to the hearing could result in a dismissal). Merely filing it has no finality to it. I would suggest contacting the court and asking about getting it dismissed (unless the other party has filed a response to the matter, in which you would need consent from the other party as well to get it dismissed). Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.
Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.