How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 102601
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

State of Illinois: A warrant has been issue child

Customer Question

State of Illinois: A warrant has been issue for back child support for an individual that currently lives in another state other than Illinois. This individual would like to fly into the state of Illinois to go to their child's high school graduation and he is prepared to pay the late child support. What where can he go to take care of the payment without fear of being arrested? The warrant is failure to appear in court but the warrant is only a week old. Please advise?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I am sorry to hear about this. First, one needs to pay the money owed. Once this is done, there is a way to take care of the warrant which does not simply go away once the money is paid, and this involves filing a Motion to Quash the warrant with the court and setting it for a hearing. The person would not be arrested at this point. If they are going to Court to quash the warrant and the arrears has been paid, then the Court should not order any officers to hold the person. However the Judge can order the arrest if there is something wrong with the payment.Assuming the payment is cleared, then the Court should dismiss the warrant. I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!