How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris T., JD Your Own Question
Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4829
Experience:  I have assisted many customers and clients with their family law questions and I'm experienced in family law litigation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Chris T., JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got married in March 19th. My now wife promised to have a

Customer Question

I got married in March 19th. My now wife promised to have a baby after marriage now she doesn't want one and excuse is she needs to see daughter through college. We are both 36 and do not have much time left to have a heathy baby. I am no longer happy and do not trust her. I am considering divorcing her adap because the trust is no longer there. What will I need to do and do I have a great chance of of getting our marriage anulled before we waste anymore time?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.Unfortunately, based on what you've said, you probably aren't eligible for an annulment. In order to have a marriage annulled, you must meet one of the following criteria. The spouses are closely related (legally known as “consanguinity,” or a blood relationship, or “affinity,” meaning a close family relationship). No person can marry a parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, sibling, parent’s sibling, sibling’s child, stepparent, or stepchild.One spouse is already legally married to someone else at the time of the second marriage (“bigamy”).One spouse was mentally incompetent at the time of the marriage ceremony.The marriage ceremony was performed by a person who was not legally authorized to perform a wedding, or the couple failed to submit to required blood testing so their marriage license is defective.One or both spouses consented to the marriage only because of force, fraud, or duress (coercion) from another person.One spouse suffers from a health problem or physical condition that has a direct impact on matters that go to the essence, or heart, of the marriage; and also hides the problem from the other spouse. An example would be if a husband concealed a medical problem with impotence that ultimately prevented the couple from having sexual relations.
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 1 year ago.
If you don't meet one of those grounds, you will have to proceed with a traditional divorce, which, given the short period of your marriage, should be little more than filing the paperwork since there aren't any assets or custody issues to worry about.