How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 29803
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a question regarding Modification of Child

Customer Question

I have a question regarding Modification of Child Support. I filed a motion for Modification last July. My ex and I went to a hearing a a modification could not be established since both of us had not met mandatory disclosure. I have since met mandatory disclosure and she has only partially met mandatory disclosure. I filed a motion to compel her to meet mandatory disclosure. The date came and went with nothing. I then filed a motion for contempt and the judge granted my motion and gave my ex 30 days to comply. The 30 days have passed and still nothing. I am wondering what more I can do. She did provide pay stubs so I do know how much she is making but her child support guidelines sheet is invalid. She says she is paying for health insurance but does not have proof. Any help in this matter would be much appreciated.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this is happening. You have the ability to file another Motion for Contempt, asking the judge to either (a) put your ex in jail until she complies with the order and produces the documents or (b) enter an order finding that, she must not be paying for health insurance since she can't prove it. Essentially, since she's refusing to produce the documents she's legally required to provide, you can ask the judge to ASSUME they wouldn't benefit her and modify support, anyway. This is within the judge's discretion. If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.