How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31785
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Getting ready to file , things are getting messy

Customer Question

Getting ready to file for divorce, things are getting messy at home and thinking about staying at my parents house until the divorce is finalized. Should I file for temporary custody and get an order of protection in place until divorce is finalized? Would this allow me to live in the marital home while he stays with his parents until everything is finalized?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
It is usually a good idea to request a temporary custody order to be put in place until the divorce is final. This establishes custody rights and also provides for child support from the non-custodial parent during the pendency of the divorce.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
As for the restraining order, that would be something you can request IF you are in fear of your child or you being abused or harmed by your spouse.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again.