Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

> got into a divorce. Court date is in 2 weeks. My

Customer Question
> got into a nasty...
> got into a nasty divorce. Court date is in 2 weeks. My lawyer demand $20000 or he will not going to court with me? Please help
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/11/2016
Family Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 1 year ago
Ely, Counselor at Law
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I am sorry to hear about this situation, A. What exactly can I answer for your in regards ***** ***** divorce?
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just a simple divorce that prolong for 3 years. I have paid him $30000. Now i have lost my job. He wants another. $20000 or knot gonna represent me in court which is next week
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What am i gonna do in court next week?
My apologies for the wait.
Well... "What am I going to do in court" is a very open-ended question. I am not sure how to answer that. Is there any way you can be more specific. For example:
-how is community property divided?
-can I request a continuance to get another attorney?
-can I talk to the other attorney myself?
-what happens in a divorce trial proceeding?
Etc.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What happen in a court trial proceding? Can i just go without a lawyer?
My apologies for the wait. When you had responded, I was already offline.
You can go without an attorney, but this is not recommended. See the following two links for very good information:
http://www.kitsapgov.com/sc/pdf/Self_Rep_Tips_11-13-09.pdf
http://www.texascourthelp.org/civil/representing-yourself-in-court.aspx
In trial, both parties put on their case about division of assets, alimony (if any), child support (if any), and custody (if any). Then the Court decides.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!
Ely, Counselor at Law