How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My olderst grandson has been placed in our care by cps in Cuero,

Customer Question

My olderst grandson has been placed in our care by cps in Cuero, Texas. We live in San Antonio,Texas. He has been with us since befor October. All along cps has said he will be going to his father and permint custody. we were supposed to have the final dispostion on June 1, 2016. That has now been changed to July 6th, 2016 and all of a suddened there are concerns about my Son. No explanation or anything. We called our Casa volenter and she is the one who told us what the concerns were. Should we have not heard about the court date change from our Cps worker and the concers from her. Our Grandson is seeing a counsilor whom he confided in about why he does not want to live with his father. He is after 11 years of liveing with his moter he has learned her tricks of being maniptlytive, fantaising,lying and cheating. The counseler asked him if she could send this information to the court. She did not check her facts with anyone. Should she have not cked them with me or my husband. He tells everyone he will be back with his mother by November 30th 2016. Again another fantasy. I have tried to call the counseler and the Cps work whom neither have returned by calls. What can We do to get the correct facts in the court documents? My Son is only a few days away from getting his 90 day chip from AA. He has been doing more than they have required him to do with out any fussing or concern. Mow they also want a hair folical test which we all know will come up positive. Becuse he has done druges in the long past. His court appointed attorney seems to be doing nothing to help him. Should we get him his own attorney?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me: 1) Was the child taken from his mother? Why? Or was he taken from both his mother and his father (your son)? Why?2) How long has the child stayed with you? This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.