How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bill Fix Your Own Question
Bill Fix
Bill Fix, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 81
Experience:  Attorney at Fix Law, PLLC
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Bill Fix is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im trying to find out if child support is current and papers

Customer Question

Im trying to find out if child support is current and papers have been filed to attempt to increase the amount by the custodial parent that lives in Wyoming can they then decide at that point to ask for an back child support due to wages that just haven't been reported due to moving around?
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Family Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Family Lawyer should know?
Customer: The custodial parent is again getting ready to move out of wyoming to AZ he just received a masters degree working on a second masters so it was a shock to get the papers
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Bill Fix replied 1 year ago.
To find out whether you are current on child support, you should contact the child support office. As long as your payments are processed through the office or at least reported to the office, they should have an up to date record of what you've paid and how much you owe. Child support typically begins accruing either when the parents separate or, if they're already separated, from the child's birth. So if you have not been paying child support from the date of separation, it is possible that an arrearage will be added to your account at some point.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ive never missed
Expert:  Bill Fix replied 1 year ago.
If the other party is alleging that you have, you should be prepared to produce evidence showing that you're not behind. If your payments are made directly to the child support office, they will have a record, and that should be easy to document. But if you made payments directly to the other parent, I hope you have receipts, cancelled checks, bank statements, etc. to prove your side.
Expert:  Bill Fix replied 1 year ago.
I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please provide a rating. If not, please let me know so l can continue to help you. Thank you.

Related Family Law Questions