How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 37666
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to define what this court oder means: II.

Customer Question

I would like to define what this court oder means:
II. Partial custody
C. unless the mother otherwise agrees as determined in her sole discretion, the first five daily periods of partial physical custody with the father shall be supervised by ..... or another person approved by the mother. Thereafter, the father's periods of partial physical custody shall be unsupervised
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also what avenues can I take for a registered sex offender living in the home with my children. Children and Youth services is awear of it and said that the mother states that she wount leave the children alone with her live in S.O. who is registered as a teir two sex offender under Megans law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. You asked: I would like to define what this court oder means It simply means that for the first 5 periods of visitation, the mother has the legal right to demand that those visits be supervised. On the 6th visit and thereafter, the mother does not have the right to demand that those later visits also be supervised. The fact that CYS won't intervene in the custody issue of a sex offender living in the home of your ex does not mean that a family law judge may not feel differently. If you want to try to gain primary physical custody based on the fact that a sex offender is living in your ex's home and is around the children, then you will need to file a Motion to Modify Custody and use that fact as a basis for the modification. The fact that the mother says she won't leave the children alone with this person does not mean that this person lacks the ability to harm your children and if they have the propensity to do so, the judge will be interested. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?Thanks in advance,Doug