How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27268
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm a great grandmother who has full custody of my 10 yr old

Customer Question

I'm a great grandmother who has full custody of my 10 yr old grandchild. The final order gives the mother every other weekend visitation but with NO contact for child with boyfriend. She refused to follow that order, so I only allow visitation at my home. She's harrasing the child and threatening to go back to court. I've had the child for 5 years. What are the chances of this ruling being overturned. We are in Ohio
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No Never had a lawyer through the entire process. I've had shared custody buy was finally awarded full custody
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Family Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else the Family Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: She voluntary gave her to me 5 yrs ago. The judge had warned and ordered no contact with boyfriend during visitation before the final hearing, and was warned. She still refused. Boyfriend is convicted felon on probsbation who had been mentally abusive to child. Court guardian recommended that I be granted full custody which was final 4:months ago. Visitation began, she promised to keep him away but brought her back to me late at night during a visit, because he put them out of hpisr
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. The Judge is ALWAYS going to act in the best interest of the child. Seeing how this was ordered by the court and she gave you voluntary custody, it is unlikely that the Judge would now modify the order and allow her to have visitation WITH the boyfriend. You did the right thing by withholding the visitation is the boyfriend is around, because the court order says he can not be and she would be in violation. There is clearly a reason the Judge ordered this, so the mother is not going to be able to just come back and convince the Judge 4 months later, that it is alright for him to be around, unless she can show a substantial change in circumstances. She can go back to court if she wants to BUT it does not mean the Judge will modify the order and the burden is on her, to show a substantial change, for this to happen. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Related Family Law Questions