How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Child support JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help

Customer Question

Child support
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: My kids father obtained a cpn# ***** is still working driving trucks I think getting paid under the table
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I cannot afford a lawyer
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Family Lawyer should know?
Customer: He is married and an order was stopped 12/14 until my children turn 18
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: They are 15&12
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your children's father. What does the last court order say? Why was child support stopped on 12/14? When you say "Until they turn 18," do you mean he has to start paying support again after the kids are adults? Also, what state do you live in? Child support laws are different in each state.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Did you still need help with this?