Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I was granted an ex parte order 4 year old daughter

Customer Question

I was granted an ex parte order for my 4 year old daughter last week. Her father has been leaving bruises on all up and down her back as well as her thighs and buttocks. He recently left a large whelp that was in the shape of a hand print and 3 fingers on her upper thigh. As a result her pediatrician call social services on him. That incident happened almost 4 weeks ago. Even after social services stepped in he still continued to "spank" her and hit her leaving more bruises. I have pictures of all of these bruises and whelps as well as several people who will testify to seeing them and her telling them they were from her father spanking her and hitting her. I hired a lawyer and she motioned for a change of custody as well as the ex parte order. It was granted and Tomorrow is our ex parte hearing. I fear for her safety and she is terrified of him. Daycare has called social services on him in the past for alleged sexual abuse but her father passed his polygraph and the investigation was dropped. My daughter still exhibits behaviors used to identify victims of sexual abuse. I also have 2 people that are willing to testify to those behaviors. What does a Judge generally look for in order to keep the ex parte order in place?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to hear this. Judges generally will hear testimony from any witnesses as well as review photos. Just your testimony will not be sufficient as they know you have a vested interest here so there is a chance for bias. Any reports from the school or Social services would help. Let me know any specific questions you have.
Let me know if you have any additional questions otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.