How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex husband who is very rich has taken custody of our eleven

Customer Question

My ex husband who is very rich has taken custody of our eleven year old daughter. I have no drug or arrest record. The alimony that was to be paid until November 2017, he stopped without notice December 1, 2015. Now he has taken my daughter saying that he is the better parent because he is able to support her and I can't. I had taken and completed a paralegal program at Duke University but have been unable to find a job in my area. I am working now in retail, but there is not enough income to handle both household expenses and attorney fees. Please help me. I will let go of any fight to regain my alimony, I just need my daughter back. Thank you in advance.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer.

So I can better assist, you I want to make sure I understand clearly. There is a custody order in place that made you the primary residential parent, and your ex-husband removed your child without court order?

Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.

I want to be able to answer your question but I need you to answer my question first regarding whether your ex-husband took your daughter without having the custody order changed?

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR, your previous contributor had to leave.
Can you please provide us the additional information if you would like for us to give you information about this situation? Thank you.