How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118228
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was locked up support they took away my freedom

Customer Question

I was locked up for child support they took away my freedom they lied to the judge told him that I was not a disabled veteran the law also lied to the judge about the level of support that I was already rendering to my daughter the minute she came out I signed her up for Tricare Prime she has a military ID Card when they lock me up that meant that they could not get any federal funding for her so they lied to a judge to have me locked up for child support 3 months later or four months later I got mine child support money back with interest they lock me up and they knew what they were doing so can I sue them for false imprisonment
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Did you owe child support or did they lie about what you owed?
In other words, they lied to the court about what you paid and you proved they lied and the court ordered the money returned to you?
Who was it who lied to the court about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was taking care of my daughter from the time she was born day meaning the DSs system does not get any funding from the federal government and less they give the kids that are in their system Social Security or whatever that medic medic Medicaid unless they give the kids that are in their service Medicaid and whatever other government services you give a kid if you're putting them in that system but my kid never should have been in that system from the time she was born I signed her birth certificate 45 minutes after she came out acknowledging that the kid was mine her bedroom had everything that she needed until she was 5 years old she had all the clothes in their bedroom the first two days after she was born every crib bed rocking chairs bottles everything was there prior to that baby coming home she had three carseats for every vehicle I own they lied to the judge and they had me locked up I didn't know no child support never should have been in a child support system and I can prove it all the funny thing about black and white and then I'm signing my name to it who lied to the court the person in charge of Child Support which had been verified by the DSs worker or rather the supervisor of DSs sign the paperwork those folks had been to my house they knew the baby was totally taken care of and they live directly to the judge not in directly directly to the judge because that's what my paperwork say and they have carried that paperwork
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
If you have been providing support and paying to raise and care for the child as you claim, then you would need to go to court with the evidence and a local attorney (do not get upset by me saying you need a local attorney please). You have basis to sue for false imprisonment and malicious prosecution for pursuing you in court on false claims. You need to use a local attorney, because the evidence in these cases needs to be presented very carefully in accordance with the rules of evidence, but the case is one of malicious prosecution for using false information to bring you through the court process and also to have you falsely arrested.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You know I know that I should have a local attorney which I have tried to get and all of them are caught up into the system's down here you know I should have known that it would be the same old dumb crap do you all hang out together and put this stuff I don't know why I would have thought I would have got a different answer or someone that wanted to take up this case look I'm a black man that you've been screwed over by a court system that don't give a damn about none of us your your advice is greatly appreciated but some that I had already read about a long time ago and dealt with personally these lawyers down here will not take up a case against a court system that they have to be in every day Monday morning that seven to eight hundred people standing in line so every lawyer here has a job they locked me up for Ashley and you tell me about getting a lawyer which I already knew that but you don't give me a lawyer that I could actually use thank you you have a great day
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
I have an obligation to tell you that you need a local attorney. I did not "screw you" and I do base my answer on your race, which does not matter to me in answering customers (you have no clue of my race so I am offended by your insulting comments above). I am here to provide you independent and unbiased information. I do not have any dog in your fight, we are not here to represent you and if you read the site terms it tells you we cannot represent you and state law forbids us from representing you.
If you are looking for legal representation, which you did not say in your first post, then you need to use the same sites used by other attorneys, or
You also should not be going to "local" attorneys in your actual city, you need one in your state and there are civil rights attorneys who do make a living suing the state and the DA (you are not suing the court itself) for malicious prosecution, so your feelings are a bit misguided by your obvious anger.
You have a case against the prosecutor's office and those who presented the false information against you, not the judge or the court, but you have to stop feeling sorry for yourself and angry towards everyone else and you need to get a local civil rights attorney and pursue your claims for the false imprisonment and malicious prosecution based on them presenting the false information to convict you which was later proven false and reversed.