How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 29986
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Married 18 years, we do not live together, I am the Mother

Customer Question

Married 18 years, we do not live together, I am the Mother and I allowed Father to keep kids in family home but now he is not letting them stay the night or see them on a regular basis. Nothing has been filed. What can I file so I can have a scheduled visitation?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. In order for a judge to enter a custody and visitation order, it's necessary to have a pending action for divorce or legal separation. As part of that process, the judge will divide any joint assets the two of you have, determine whether it's necessary to enter a spousal support award, and enter orders for the custody and support of your children. There unfortunately isn't any process for a judge to enter custody orders regarding parents who are still married, even when they don't live together, unless you're seeking a legal separation or a divorce. Oklahoma does not provide free forms online for this purpose, but any local attorney can help you create the Complaint, or you can visit a local law library to check out books with forms if you prefer to do it yourself. If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Did you need any more help with this?