How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is remarried and had a good relationship with his daughter

Customer Question

My son is remarried and had a good relationship with his daughter from his first marriage at the beginning. He has been married now for 3 years and his daughter does not like the new wife and now refuses to go there. She is 12 yes old. My sons wife didn't help the situation and was a little jealous of the relationship to the point of almost having a nervous breakdown but after counseling and time has been 9 months she is now doing well and everything possible to apologize for her actions but the ex wife won't accept and now believes it is unsafe for her daughter so she now is on a year around softball team that travels and is gone every weekend. My son pays support but the ex wife said she has spoke to a lawyer and if she feels it is unsafe she doesn't have to send her...Is there anything he can do? He doesn't have the money to get a Lawyer because he is still paying from the divorce...I'm trying to find out if he even has any rights or is she right and doesn't have to send her
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good day. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Is there a custody/visitation order in place which was issued by the court or is their arrangement informal?