How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legalease Your Own Question
Legalease, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 16367
Experience:  13 years experience, divorce & custody issues, protective orders, child abuse issues
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Legalease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

On the child support order that I have with the father,

Customer Question

Hi, on the child support order that I have with the father, it is required for him to pay a certain percentage of medical receipts. He has claimed that he did not receive the email with the receipts attached. The last time he got really ugly about having to pay his portion. This time, I am going to file that he is not doing this part, or doing it essentially whenever he feels like. I would like to have this documented with the court. I need to know the form that is used to do this. I did call the Clerks office and said she could not give medical advise but there are forms available where I could do this, but could not tell me the form #.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.
Hello there ---What county was your original case heard in ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oklahoma County
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.
Hello again ---If there is an existing settlement agreement from the divorce or a court order regarding all of these matters, then he can be held in ContempT of COurt for failing to pay your child's additional medical needs. That is the legal term that the clerk's office seemed reluctant to give to you when you asked. You have to get a form for the contempt of court request -- or you have to write it up and prepare it yourself and submit it to the court for a hearing. I just did an internet search for the forms and I came up empty handed so you should ask at the clerk's office if they have a standard form to prepare a motion of anynd a dajtype (generally they do and it is a fill in the blank type form so you complete the names the parties and addresses and there is a space where you can state what your purpose for bringing the matter back into court and that is where you tell the judge about the refusal to pay as ordered and attach a copy of the originql order to this Motion for Contempt. t hen ask the court for an order of contempt against him to either pay the additional medical bills and or to issue contempt orders against him and that means that the court can fine him or put him in jail or whatever the judge deems feit under the circumstances where

Related Family Law Questions