Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I am a ligitamate father of a bright six year old daughter.

Customer Question
I have joint 50/50 fiscal...
I am a ligitamate father of a bright six year old daughter. I have joint 50/50 fiscal and legal custody through the state of Nevada. Is a valid U.S. passport for the child unobtainable if the mother does not agree on the joint signing? Thank you, ***** *****
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
5/6/2016
Family Lawyer: Joseph Rizzo,
 replied 1 year ago
Joseph Rizzo
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. You can try to obtain a passport for the child by filing a Motion with the Court. Whether the Court grants your petition or not depends on the legitimacy of the Mother's objection. If she is objecting just because she doesn't want you to travel with the daughter then most likely the judge will grant your petition. However, if your intention is to travel to a country who has not signed onto the Hague Convention Treaty Regarding Domestic Relations then mostly likely you will lose. Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!
Family Lawyer: Joseph Rizzo,
 replied 1 year ago
Hello, Is there any other question I can help you with? Joe
Family Lawyer: Joseph Rizzo,
 replied 1 year ago
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Yes, 23 Pa.Con.Stat. 3323(d)(1) should apply. I don't think you need to file an injunction however, just contacting the administrator of the estate and putting him/her on notice should be enough. You will probably have to file a praecipe to substitute the admin for your exhusband in the divorce thereby changing the caption. Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!
Family Lawyer: Joseph Rizzo,
 replied 1 year ago
Hello,Is there any other question I can help you with?Joe
Joseph Rizzo
Joseph Rizzo
Joseph Rizzo