How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MIAMILAW1127 Your Own Question
MIAMILAW1127, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 755
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
MIAMILAW1127 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a great niece who is soon to be 2 yrs. old. My niece

Customer Question

I have a great niece who is soon to be 2 yrs. old. My niece the mother left her when she was 3 mos. old to be with her boyfriend. The baby's dad along with my parents and my brother took care of her. My niece has been doing drugs of and on she came back months later under one condition for the babays dada to leave. The babys dad and now my niece leaves in the middle of the night comes back whenever she wants leave the baby with my parents. She also takes the baby for days with her boyfriend who also does drugs. This situation is torture to all of us because we know the baby is not safe with her her boyfriend. My parents, my brother and I have been supporting the baby since my niece has never worked. What can I do or my brother do to get custody of the baby we fear for her safety.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Has a paternity case been opened and paternity been established?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.
You will need to open a case in family court establishing paternity and, in the timesharing agreement, request full custody for the reasons you have stated.