How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq. Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2982
Experience:  associate attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can the noncustodial parent file immediate danger on custodial

Customer Question

can the noncustodial parent file immediate danger on custodial parent wth bipolar 1
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. Yes, you can file an emergency custody petition with the court if there is an immediate danger to the child/children based upon the mental condition of the custodial parent. The court will normally hear this petition within a day or two. Normally you will need to point to an incident such as an involuntary commitment of the custodial parent, an arrest, etc. The Judge can then order the children taken away and put them in your custody. Again this order is only temporary. You can then move forward with a permanent petition with the court for custody. The initial petition that is temporary normally errs on the side of keeping the children safe and the burden is not high if again you can point to a specific major incident that you can show can harm the children. So to answer your question, yes this is possible. Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?