How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11768
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My sons girlfriend is 17 and has a history of verbal and physical

Customer Question

my sons girlfriend is 17 and has a history of verbal and physical abuse from both parents the father passed way this sept so the physical abuse has stopped, but the verbal abuse continues in add ition, she is forced to watch her three young siblings every weekend . can she move to our home legally?
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no nobody has money for a lawyer.
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Family Lawyer can help you best.
Customer: Does she have any legal rights to leave her home as a 17-year old?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Family Lawyer should know?
Customer: She is verbally abused, school and hman services has that documented.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. What state is this in?

Related Family Law Questions