How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask S. Kincaid Your Own Question
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2512
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
S. Kincaid is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to ask the court to allow me to be alone with

Customer Question

I would like to ask the court to allow me to be alone with my Grandson. Currently my wife, his Grandmother has to be with "us" when we go fishing, ride bikes, go for ice cream etc. The reason I am not allowed to be alone with him is I allowed him to go skinny dipping in our pool at night when he was here for a visit last summer. It was after dark and we live at the end of a 900 foot driveway. He asked me to join him but refused saying it was not right the right thing to do. The next evening, when he was inside with his grammy I tried to sneak a dip myself, but he literally caught me without my bathing suit on, flicked on the light and joined me! I immediately called to my wife to bring me a towel and got out of the pool as soon as I could. He went home and told his Maternal Grandmother, his guardian, what had happened. She did not let us see him for six months until we asked the court to reinstate visitation, which they did, but with the stipulation that I not be alone with him. This insinuates something that is unthinkable to me and deforms my charachter. I have never been accused of anything like this and DCYF did not even investigate the matter. My gandson has asked us to lie to his Grandmother, (Guardian) so that we can do the fun things that we used to do, but of course we will not allow that. just wondering how I can approach the court to allow us to be alone, and do things with his Grandmother as well.
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, I was just going to write a letter.
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best.
Customer: This little boy has parents that cannot care for him because of addiction and the Guardian is, for lack of a better phrase a welfare queen. I have worked for the same company for 10 years as a foreman and have no record.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: That's about it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My email address is***@******.***. I did not enter it along the way.
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.
In what state is this? And how long ago was that court order made?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NH December 2015
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.
If a Guardian ad Litem has not been appointed, you might want to make a request to have one appointed to investigate whether or not the "supervision" by your wife is necessary to serve the child's best interests. Another possibility is to take a parenting class and ask the Court, based on your taking the class, to remove the restriction. Has a trial been held yet? Or is this a temporary order?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Temp order. thanks for your info. I'm all set.
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome. If you have no further questions, I'd appreciate if you'd rate my service so I may get credit for my work. Thank you.