How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAttorney Your Own Question
FamilyAttorney, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1360
Experience:  Owner, attorney in private practice, appellate attorney, GAL & former trial lawyer, licensed for 37 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAttorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Trying to locate case law or appeals relating to child support

Customer Question

trying to locate case law or appeals relating to child support deviation due to non-subject child medical needs. Case will be heard in NY, any suggestions on where to look would be appreciated
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Was the additional information added to my question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I’m a licensed attorney with 36 years’ experience. I specialize in family law and appeals, and I have many years’ experience with landlord-tenant issues and contract law. I also have written hundreds of legal articles. I look forward to helping you today.Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an attorney on this site. Oh, at the end of this session, I will ask you to please rate me as that’s the only way I get credit for helping you today. Thanks! Please note: I want to help you but I may need some additional information from you.
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 1 year ago.
I'm a licensed NY family lawyer. I write plenty of briefs on family law subjects. I used to use a legal search engine called, which was cheaper than Westlaw or Lexis as both of those are extremely expensive. Loislaw was just bought out and you can find it here: might be able to sign up for a day or two of research, which was relatively cheap on loislaw. I don't know what charges but they may also allow short-time sign up. This way you don't have to pay for a month of reseach. If you use a legal search engine like this, make sure to list questions not in question form but in search times such as: child and support and deviation near medical. The word "near" means that the prior word "deviation" has to be within 20 words of medical. I am just showing an example. You can use "and" at all times too. An attorney can be found I'm sure at this late juncture. There are so many good NY family lawyers and there are those who are more than happy to take a case. If you want to do the research yourself, this is how you would do it. Generally we do not do research here because that is an additional service. I don't have right now but will purchase it in another month when I have a few appeals that are coming up. I am unable to do the research for you unless I purchase the search engine and I'd have to charge for doing research which will be a lot more than what it costs for a question here.Please let me know if this answers your question or if you need more information.
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 1 year ago.
Because you are asking for suggestions about where to look and not necessarily asking us to look for you, I would suggest trying the fastcase site. It will be cheaper and as long as you put in the crucial keywords, you'll find some cases on that topic.Did I answer your question? I can answer additional questions based on this one if you want.I hope this helps and clarifies. If you could, I'd appreciate it if you can rate me when finished. If you need additional information please let me know. Please accept my answer, rate my answer and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you and with your question. I work hard to give you a thorough and honest answer. I thank you in advance for rating me. Please let me know if there is more that I can do to answer your question and if you need more information. If not, I thank you for your rating. I can’t get credit for answering your question without your fair and honest rating. Thank you, ***** ***** you for allowing me to help you today.

Related Family Law Questions