How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2156
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I currently live on California but I am planning to move to

Customer Question

I currently live on California but I am planning to move to Texas in five months. I am divorced and have a 12 year old son. I want to take my son with me but his dad said he will not allow for him to go. My ex-husband cannot provide suitable house and is very unstable. I have full physical custody of son and we both share legal. What can I do to ensure my son moves with me?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
You can ask for the court's permission to amend your custody order to remove your geographic restrictions if there are any. Judges will consider it if you can demonstrate a need or benefit such as a job opportunity or family support.

Related Family Law Questions