How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex and I divorced in 2013 while living in OK and I relocated

Customer Question

My ex and I divorced in 2013 while living in OK and I relocated to FL with our daughter (age 4 at the time) with his permission (he drove the U-haul and helped us move into our apartment). Do we legally need to file a new visitation schedule, or since we verbally agreed upon what was best for our daughter, and have followed said agreed upon schedule, can we continue without FL court involvement?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon Kimberly,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. So long as each of you are okay with the visitation schedule that the two of you are following, and neither of you want to either enforce a previous visitation order or seek a modification that you can enforce, then there is no need for you to apply to the FL court for any kind of a custody/visitation order. The courts only need to get involved if the two of you can't agree as to the visitation schedule that each of you want. It is not necessary to file a new visitation schedule so long as each of you are okay with the schedule you are abiding by right now. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug