How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41586
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Appointment of temporary guardian signed by parent

Customer Question

I have a Appointment of temporary guardian signed by parent and notarized, do I have to go to court and file a petition for appointment of general guardian?
Do I have any recourse since I have that paper against grandsons other grandmother who came to the house and took my grandson without notifying or letting me know where he was?
payres72@ (###) ###-####
Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today. You will need to file your petition here and be appointed by the court.They issue you letters of guardianship and you would then be able to recover the child.The police if necessary would help you do so.As guardian you have legal rights to the child and act as the parent in such a situation once you are appointed.You should file this on Monday and get the process started.The court will schedule this for hearing to appoint you legally and resolve this matter.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
Reference Person and Estate The Guardian of the Person and Estate is responsible for financial, medical and social decisions for the individual. Legal duties and responsibilities of Guardian of Person and Estate are outlined in state law, under Nevada Revised Statute 159.Temporary Guardianship Under Nevada state law, a judge may grant an emergency order of temporary guardianship when the petitioner can show that:Proposed individual faces a substantial and immediate risk of financial loss or physical harm or needs immediate medical attentionProposed individual lacks capacity to respond to the risk of loss or harm or to obtain the necessary medical attentionPetitioner has tried in good faith to notify the persons entitled to notice under NRS 159.047.Notice of Guardianship-Related Court Proceedings The following are entitled to receive notice of all court proceedings at the time the court is petitioned to consider guardianship. The citation to the proposed individual must state:The individuals rights may be affected as outlined in the petition.The individual has a right to appear at the hearing and oppose.The individual has a right to be represented by an attorney.Spouse and adult children (if none – parents, brothers, sisters of the individual).Administrator of an institution, nursing facility or any person having the care, custody and control of the proposed individual.The Veterans Administration if benefits are paid to the proposed individual.If the proposed individual is a minor, the following individuals are entitled to receive legal notices: Parents, person or institution having care, control and custody of the minorThe minor – if he or she is 14 years of age or older
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
More I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again. If you can positive rate it is always much appreciated.

Related Family Law Questions