How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 42316
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am the non custodian father, but we do have joint custody.

Customer Question

I am the non custodian father, but we do have joint custody. My 6 year old son has showed very "weired" action the last couple times we have brought him. I am re married and have a step son that is 5 years old. My son touches my 5 year old step son inappropriately and went as far as to kiss his legs and inner thighs. After talking to him he says he watches "shows" with his grandfather who lives with ex wife and he sleeps with him and that that's how he shows love. He also said he doesn't like girls only boys. I am not comfortable with my kids being around that. What can I do? What are my rights?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Forgot to mention my ex father in law is a gay man.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today. You want to report this to Children's Protective Services immediately.Child is in danger and may have been abused.They will take action and may place child with you or remove grandpa.You may consider seeking custody here as well. Report here Report Abuse Call our Abuse Hotline toll-free 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, nationwide, or report with our secure website and get a response within 24 hours. They also involve law enforcement here because this is sex crime and serious offense.This may also help you with seeking custody here as well as mother has failed to protect the child involved.You can do this anonymously. I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again and the best here.Report it and protect your child.Thanks again. By Phone: 1-***-***-****
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
Sexual abuse is defined in the Family Code as any sexual conduct harmful to a child's mental, emotional, or physical welfare as well as failure to make a reasonable effort to prevent sexual conduct with a child. A person who compels or encourages a child to engage in sexual conduct commits abuse, and it is against the law to make or possess child pornography or to display such material to a child.Sexual abuse may consist of a single incident or many acts over a long period of time. Boys and girls of any age can be victims of sexual abuse. The molester can be just about anyone, but most often, it is someone known to the child. The abuse may escalate over time, particularly if the abuser is a member of the child's own family. The child's non-abusing caregiver(s) may be unaware of the abuse or may be in a state of denial.Child sexual abuse includes fondling, lewd or lascivious exposure or behavior, intercourse, sodomy, oral copulation, penetration of a genital or anal opening by a foreign object, child pornography, child prostitution, and any other "sexual conduct harmful to a child's mental, emotional, or physical welfare." These acts may be forced upon the child or the child may be coaxed, seduced, and persuaded to cooperate. The absence of force or coercion does not diminish the abusive nature of the conduct, but, sadly, it may cause the child to feel responsible for what has occurred. This certainly falls under the law and the person maybe criminally prosecuted here in Texas.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
I wish you the best here , sorry this happened to your child. If you can positive rate it is always much appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have my son with me now, this was my weekend. Do I have to send them back? I feel so uncomfortable taking them back to her/that house.?
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
I would contact CPS here and see if they can interview child prior to returning him.That maybe possible and go from there.I understand your concerns.Maybe CPS will intervene.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
You can also involve law enforcement here, take him to the local police station to be interviewed here.Again that offers you protection and the child as well.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
You want them to interview the child while his memory is fresh here, they can videotape and gather statement from hm. I appreciate the chance to help you and wish you both the best. If you can positive rate it is always much appreciated.