How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2138
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Live in ohio. have had custody of nephews years mother

Customer Question

live in ohio. have had custody of nephews for 10 years mother deceased in Nov and father lives in new jersey. Father filed for social security retirement in mar as he turned 62. Prior to this has been behind on child support for the most part of 10 years. Father is a deadbeat and has never really worked to file for social sec but is claiming off mothers benifits due to them being supposedly married for 10 years. order for child support admin submitted for change from 345 a month plus arreage to 50 a month is there any way to appeal this? he has taken from these boys all in total almost 950 a month
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to hear this. Unfortunately the judges base child support obligations against current income. However if he had other personal assets those can be garnished to cover some of the arrears.

Related Family Law Questions