How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gerald-Esquire Your Own Question
Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3989
Experience:  30 years of experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Gerald-Esquire is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

State of Texas I am the non custodial parent. I am being told by my ex-wife that unless i

Customer Question

State of Texas
I am the non custodial parent. I am being told by my ex-wife that unless i am present at child exchange, she will not release children to my current wife. I was under the understanding that as long as there is a responsible adult to pick up my children, everything is ok. I work on the opposite side of town. My current wife picks my children up, and I drop them off after the weekend. Is she legally allowed to make this demand? i have been divorced for 6 years. this has never been a problem before now.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Gerald-Esquire replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question. Your ex has NO basis in law to support her position. Unless there is something specific in the court order that prohibits your current wife from picking up you kids, your ex has no reason to make this unreasonable demand. Unfortunately if she refuse to relent you are going to have to file a motion for contempt of your current court order. If you prevail you should be able to also obtain an Order for Sanctions and for your Attorney's fees. I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday. Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.Good luck. Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing. Kind regards,Gerald

Related Family Law Questions