How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118678
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Child support, proof of child care payments and schedule for

Customer Question

Child support, proof of child care payments and schedule for children attending childcare in the past. Also medical bills to prove that the charges were paid!!
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No not yet
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Family Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Today was the child support hearing and it was declared that my son pays $7787.00 in arrears from Sept 1 2014. First of all both children was not in daycare at that time because the baby wasn't born until 9-2-2014 and she was not working at the time. Second she had quit 2 jobs and dud nit work for a while during both jobs. She has handed over some medical bills that she has written on them like she paid but should we not have proof of the payments from the different offices.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Family Lawyer should know?
Customer: Mark us on disability a
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The paying parent is entitled to proof of payment, but that is something that had to be asked for prior to the hearing to be presented to the court in the hearing. If this was not done prior to the hearing, then it was up to the court and if the medical bills were legitimate bills they can still make the parent pay their share. As far as child care, again, that was something he had to produce evidence of in the hearing in accordance with the rules of evidence that the child care calculation was incorrect because they had the date of the child's birth wrong. If this evidence was produced in court, then your son needs to file an appeal based on the judge ignoring that evidence. That is your son's option to get this reversed.