How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11806
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Had an unassisted home birth in South Carolina in February.

Customer Question

Had an unassisted home birth in South Carolina in February. Failed the administrative birth certificate process. Now must file a petition of court for a court ordered delayed birth certificate. Unable to find forms to petition the court myself. Local lawyer asking $1500. (*Just paid criminal lawyer $1500. Turns out unassisted home births are frowned upon.)
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
I am afraid South Carolina does not make these forms available online, so it will require a local attorney to actually draft from scratch. If you cannot afford a local attorney, you can go to the local legal aid office, but our site experts are forbidden from engaging in any practice of law in SC by SC law, so I am afraid that if the form is not available online we cannot draft one for you.
You are NOT being charged for this response and you can contact customer service at for a refund of any deposit if you like or at***@******.*** or you can call Just Answer customer service at(###) ###-####

Related Family Law Questions