How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2130
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was pressured into getting married today. I went through

Customer Question

I was pressured into getting married today. I went through with the vows to save face in front of her family but am not going to file the marriage license nor consummate the marriage. How do I seek an anullments?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
Duress is typically one of the grounds under which an annulment would be granted. If you go down to your local court house ask the clerk to give you the template for filling out an annulment. My question for you is do you think he will contest this and say there was no duress?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She knew I wasn't excited to marry her. My body language, annoyance level, not wanting to kiss or touch her, and the fact that I've told her several times that I don't think we should get married. She may entrench and contest it. In her heart she knows that I didn't want this.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
If she will not contest it that would be easier but I think you are in a position to at least file and let the judge decide.

Related Family Law Questions