How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JD 1992 Your Own Question
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33386
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JD 1992 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex wife and I are going through a very bitter custody battle.

Customer Question

My ex wife and I are going through a very bitter custody battle. She has lied to the court about me so many times that the foolish judge actually believed her ( and funny enough now that judge has " retired"). Now my crazy ex wife has custody of my 14 year old child and brainwashed him against me and he does not want to see me. I have managed to get my child support down from 181 a week to 26 a week because I no longer work as much due to heart surgery. Is there a way to eliminate support since I never see my child? It all seems unfair.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. No. Seeing the child has nothing to do with the obligation to pay child support. I have seen this argument made a hundred times, always against the advice of the attorney, and have never seen a judge rule in their favor.I can tell you that invariably, if the parent who is not seeing the child continues to send birthday cards, presents, etc. and makes it clear they still care for the child then invariably the child turns against the other parent later. I know that is not reassuring now, but it is true.