How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Olivia Kent Your Own Question
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1120
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Olivia Kent is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How are you? JA: The Family Lawyer will need to help you

Customer Question

hi how are you?
JA: The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: i wanted to know how to remove my ex husband name off my daughter's birth certificate? we knew he was not the father but they said I was married with him at the time of conception
JA: Divorce can be tough for everyone involved, but arming yourself with accurate information is key to taking charge of a situation. For starters, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: so his name had to go on it.
JA: Has anything been filed in court yet?
Customer: i just reopen my divorce
JA: Divorce is seldom "one size fits all", so I recommend you spend a little time with one of the legal eagles we work with. It would be my pleasure to match you with the best fit. Is there anything else important you think the Family Lawyer should know?
Customer: ok
JA: What else should I tell the Family Lawyer?
Customer: they can call me at(###) ###-####
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating.Has your ex objected to the removal of his name from your daughter's birth certificate? Is he aware that you are trying to do that? The reason I ask is because if he consents it makes it a lot easier. You would then file an application to modify the birth certificate but dad's consent is necessary on the form. Does that make sense? Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. I'd be happy to do so. I'm also available by phone if that would help you. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance; this will not cost you anything extra and it's the only way we get credit for assisting you. If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative rating so that I may try to clarify anything that may be unclear to you. My goal is to make sure that you are satisfied with the assistance you've received, so if there's anything else I can do to help you, please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We both knew he was not the father but in the state of Florida because I was married to him they put him on the birth certificate now I want to remove him and he said he's not removing his name. The only reason his name was on there was because of that law.
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.
Before continuing... I just want to make sure you're aware that IF his name was removed you wouldn't be eligible for child support from him...
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.
How old is the child?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know he's not paying child support anyway, I have two kids that's his biologically and he's not paying for them either I'm now married to my daughter's dad and he's mad about that that's why he don't want to sign to remove his name
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she is 6 but most of all my kids life its just me raising them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They have no family or uncle or cousin is just me but he has always made my life difficult this is someone i was with since I was 17 and he was 33. i was in a very bad narcissistic relationship. and I'm trying to put everything back on track.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are u there?
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.
Here's the thing... the court won't let you take his name off and have nobody's name there. Is your daughter's dad willing to put his name on the birth certificate? That would make it easier... You'd still need to go to court and file an action, rather than just filing a birth certificate amendment which you'd be able to do if he agrees. The court's concern is that *someone* provide for this child, so if you're taking his name off, someone has to be willing to put their name on.
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.
I wanted to check in with you to make sure you had all of the information you wanted to obtain when you posted your question. Please let me know if you DO have all of the information you need; please also let me know if you have any questions or need additional clarification about anything.