How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bill Fix Your Own Question
Bill Fix
Bill Fix, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 79
Experience:  Attorney at Fix Law, PLLC
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Bill Fix is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Temp. restraining order

Customer Question

Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Bill Fix replied 1 year ago.
I can try to answer your question about a TRO. What info are you looking for?
Expert:  Bill Fix replied 1 year ago.
If you are looking for a temporary order of protection (usually against a relationship partner or family member when some sort of violence, abuse, or stalking has occurred), the general way to go about that is to go to either the sheriff's office or courthouse and fill out the appropriate form requesting one. You will need to include details about why such an order of protection is needed. Most of the time, a judge/magistrate will sign it within 24 hours, granting you a temporary (ex parte) order of protection. The other party will be served with it, and a court date will be set (usually within 2 weeks) where you both should be present, evidence presented, and a judge will decide if a full order of protection should be granted.

Related Family Law Questions