How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27640
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Yes JA: The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this.

Customer Question

JA: The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No not yet i cant afford it but i need to find one low uncome cause im scared that my husband will take my boys he has retreating me to take them
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Family Lawyer can help you best. OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Well we been together for 19 yrs but got married on June 2013 and on 2014 in oct he adandon the family just left and after 7 months i foubd out he had left with a younger girl and he has not seen his boys for about 1yr amd 5 months and now hewamts to ttake them from me
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Family Lawyer should know?
Customer: Yes he has a criminal record uses drugs and was conficted on sales he also has fireharms in his house im very worried anout our kids
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We had court on the 25 of april and he said that he filed to get full custody and that he got it cause we had court on the 22of april but thats not true i only hot a,notice of the one for the 25 of april and now he is harassing me that he is taking the boys im scared and i dont eant to lose my kids rhere allways been with me and i now he dont care for then he only wabts to fet out of child support
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hes a electricianand makes good money plus i was told he just bought a house please help me
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. Did you appear in court on the those dates? If so, what was ordered by the Judge? Did he file for divorce?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes i did go to court on the 25 of april and i filed for divorce but we havent started anything on divorce i been going to court for child support cause he keeps wanting to drop the amount of jis payment but so fare he is only has payed partial payments and now he wants to reverse child support on me so i pay him he told the judge the boys were with him all this time and he lied about that and some how judge gave him full custody he said ?
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. It would be very odd if the Judge awarded him full custody, when he abandoned the home and marriage and left the kids with you, all this time. The Judge is always going to act in the best interest of the children, so the burden would have been on him to show that they were better off with him, then you, even though he left and was gone for 7 months. Unless the court order states that he has custody, it does not matter what he says. Only what the Judge order controls and it would be hard to believe the Judge took away custody from you, unless you failed to appear. If that happened, you could file a motion to vacate the order and ask that this be decided on the merits and show the Judge has lied under oath
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well i dont think the judge knows about him abandoned the family and on the 22 of april his attorney said we had court but i was not noticed or given anything by mail or phone call or in person to let me now about that court day and when i went to court on the 25 of april all the judge said was ok well we will continue on and gave me a other court day so i asked the person that was helping me what happen so those everything stay the same and he said yes but now im confused and scared i dont want to lose my boys and the boys dont want to see him cause he dont show up on the days
He has to pick them up
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
You need to get a copy of the court order, which would advise the outcome of the hearing. If there are set days for him to pick them up, he is allowed to see the boys. However, he can not just take them without a court order
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok he does have every other weekends but he never shows up to pick them up and i do police reports to show the judge but all they tell me ok well this day we are only in court for child support and the judge keeps letting him get away with it so now he left his job but he works under the table and gets unemployement he posted pics of gim working on Facebook can i use that to show the judge hes lieing about him not working??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was told that i can sue him for adandonmit and for pain and suffering is that true?
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
No it is not. Abandonment is a ground to file for divorce and it can effect child custody but you can not sue him for pain and suffering.
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if there is anything else and I would be happy to respond. Thank you
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Related Family Law Questions