How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11764
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife's remains were being kept by her sister at my request

Customer Question

My wife's remains were being kept by her sister at my request, My wife's youngest son went to Josephines house and took my wife's remains against my wishes. My wife Gertrude, will have her internment at Abraham Lincoln National cemetery in Illinois.
I know by common law I have rights that are above all others, I took care of my wife after triple by-pass surgery, 4 major strokes and i did Peritoneal Dialysis the last 3 yrs of her life. Her son Jeffery never called on Christmas, mothers day, Birthday, nothing. He said his mother was dead to him in 2002, and the only time they spoke was when his older brother and younger sister convinced him to have her at his wedding. He never called to tell her when she was going to be a grand ma again nothing. Now he intimidated my sister in-law who is elderly and not in the best of health. I am in Oregon
until July 7th then i am heading to Illinois with My wife's oldest son and his two children
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.Do you have a legal question about the situation you have described?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think i have contacted the wrong people i need legal advice so please do not answer and refund my money and i will retain a lawyer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.